Incinerator 20 Kg
Incinerator electrically operated
A cage for receipt of biomedical waste;
A combustion room with fireplace using a filter to retain ashes;
An air supply;
A turbine allowing supply air.
▪ The incinerator should be a modern waste disposal unit, designed
to buttocks medical waste in a clean and environmentally efficient
manner. It should use a temperature based logic control system
to provide optimum control of the working conditions and
incorporate a high capacity thermal oxidizing secondary room.
It should be designed to retain the exhaust gases, for at least two seconds to make sure the unit’s effective destruction of the combustion
▪ All the incinerators to be provided and installed meet the
Waste Management Regulation 2006, legal notice No. 121 of
29th September 2006 and specifically 3rd schedule regulation
(26, 47) pertaining classification, standards, criteria, and
process for installing and operating incinerators.
▪ The capacity of the incinerator required should be to the
specifications with a capacity to burn 100kgs/Hr.
▪ The incinerator shall be run on a three-phase power supply
▪ For the technical analysis, not only the treatment plant but
the whole system will be considered. It will be the responsibility
of the Bidder to provide a full system, including all eventually
additionally necessary secondary systems and additional
▪ The machine offered shall be designed to function normally under
the conditions of the purchaser’s country. The conditions include
Power Supply, Climate, Temperature, Humidity, etc.
▪ The Bidder must provide a guarantee for one year.
▪ All text, parameter etc. on all control working ports as
well as on information screens and on print-outs will be in
The Bidder shall provide all the essential documentation to be able to facilitate the legal requirements for the
installation and putting into use of their equipment.
▪ Period of Execution is 90 days from contract signature for
delivery to site and completion of verification operations
required for the issuance of provisional acceptance.
▪ Representatives of the Contracting Authority and the
Beneficiary, together with all the Bidder’s representative, shall
execute the controls, testing and initial approval for provisional
and final approval. The provisional and final acceptance shall
take place at the last destination.
▪ After-Sales Service: The Bidder is required to ensure that a
maintenance, service and repair centre, which is approved by
the Manufacturer, and which is able to quickly supply genuine
spare parts and consumables recommended by the Manufacturer
is available throughout the one year guarantee period. In
fulfillment of the condition with their offer, bidders must
submit a statement signed by the manufacturer or representative
of this manufacturer:
ͦ Providing the name and address of its authorized
maintenance, service and repair centre,
ͦ Confirming that this authorized maintenance, service and
repair facility is able to quickly supply genuine spare parts and
the consumables recommended by the Manufacturer; and
▪ The Bidder will be responsible to deliver and install all
equipment provided to the hospitals in the
Republic of Kenya. The Bidder shall deliver a time program within the whole construction and building period. The delivery
and installation time must be agreed between bidders, target
Hospital and the Contracting Authority. The treatment plant must
arrive pre-assembled. The Bidder shall make certain that all areas of
the plant transported by sea will not be shipped as”deck
▪ It is anticipated that the Bidder cooperates closely with the
contractor to the new waste handling building/ housing and will
make available all necessary technical information, drawing, etc. to
. Waste Calorific Value 4000 KCAL/Kg
iv. Moisture content 10-25%
v. Estimated ash residue 5-10%
vi. Nominal capacity 100Kg/hour batch load
vii. Secondary room 2 minutes @ 1100°C
viii. Environmental Environmental Management Coordination Act, 1999 and specifically, Waste management regulations, 2006
2.1 Primary Combustion Chamber
▪ The primary combustion chamber is the main structure of the
incinerator, fabricated from mild steel plate and stiffened with
stainless steel sections. It’s carried from the floor level on a
significant steel support frame. Internally the shell is lined with
calcium silicate insulation and a hot face mixture of superb duty brickwork or high strength castable.
▪ The main combustion chamber must ensure minimum exit
temperature is less than 850°C.
One Manual Load Incinerator comprising:
▪ Manual Loading door (heavy duty steel door with proper refractory lining)
▪ Horizontal solid hearth, refractory lined main combustion
chamber. Approximate dimensions 800 mm diameters x 2100mm
▪ Full sized bulk load/ash removal door
▪ 1 off diesel-fired ignition burner — temperature controlled
▪ 1 off combustion air supply fan and distribution system, automatic
▪ High capacity secondary combustion chamber with home time
less than two seconds @ >1100°C
▪ 1 off diesel-fired afterburner — temperature controlled
▪ Control panel — automatic operation
▪ Temperature indication primary and secondary chambers 0-
1200°C. Both chambers have to be insulated with refractory
material (super duty 100mm thick firebrick with 25mm thick
calcium silicate insulation)
Note: The secondary combustion chamber must be certain that the gas temperature as measured against the inner wall in the secondary room & not in the flame zone, isn’t less than 1100°C.
100kg/hour in a minimal calorific value of 4,000 kcal/kg and an average bulk density of I20kg/ M3 for general waste and l60kg/ M3 for healthcare waste.
The waste will be reduced by 90~95% to leave 10 -5% ash
2.4 Quality/Environmental Standards
▪ Environment Management and Coordination Act, 1999
2.5 Operating Period
▪ Anticipated daily operating period 8 hours
▪ Maximum working period 12 hours
▪ Should be refractory lined into the following standard; Hearth and
lower section of room walls
2.7 Hot face substance ▪ Super duty firebrick
▪ Limiting continuous service limit 1500°C
▪ Thickness 100mm
▪ Thermal conductivity 1.3 W/mk
▪ Calcium silicate
▪ Limiting continuous service limit 1000°C
▪ Thickness 25mm
▪ Thermal conductivity 0.095 W/mk
2.9 Chimney / Stack
▪ Must be manufactured from refractory lined mild steel or high
quality air-cooled stainless steel. The chimney/stack should have a
minimum height of 10 meters above ground level.
▪ Refractory lined flanged chimney must be above the height of
any existing roof adjacent to the incinerator
▪ Provide lifting gear to hoist, erect and mount chimney, and
provide supports slings as needed. ▪ The chimney shall be painted with heat resistant
paint after installation.
2.10 Ignition Burners
Fully packed oil type, complete with electric ignition and flame failure controls, wired with continuous running fan and finish with all valves, fan and motor.
· Maximum rating: at least 450kW/hour
· Burner: ordered for on/off operation
· Maximum consumption: at least 6 litres/hour
· Average consumption: at least 3 litres/hour
Fully packed oil type, complete with electric ignition and flame failure controls wired with continuous running fan and finish with all valves, fan and motor.
particulate collector must be integrated after secondary
combustion chamber for removal of particulate pollutants
entrained in the flue gas stream.
2.13 Diesel Tank
▪ To provide for diesel services tank (Capacity 400 litres)
including level indicator
▪ The tank should be connected to the incinerator at higher level
to enable free-flow of diesel from the tank into the incinerator.
The connecting pipe must be a black pipe of accepted gauge
and diameter. Contain other accompanying accessories and
accessories ▪ Connect leftovers to fuel supply.
Operation manual 2 sets
Service/maintenance manual 2 sets
▪ National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
5 Capacity to support equipment
▪ The agent/supplier will have adequate facilities, spare parts,
consumables and qualified and skilled technical personnel.
▪ Provide lifting gears like forklift, gantry, rollers, and lifting
jacks and position incinerator.
6 Commissioning and Training
▪ The Agent will test all set operating parameters
▪ The agent shall conduct a two days operation & maintenance
training to the Biomedical engineering personnel and incinerator
operators after installation & commissioning of the equipment.
7 Commissioning Maintenance Contract
▪ Before the expiry of the guarantee / signing off, the provider shall
provide a one-year replacement service parts (e.g. oil filters, air
filters), the Quarterly regular maintenance price per quarter
for three (3) quarters.
Care control proposal.
▪ The maintenance contract price includes labour, transportation and
accommodation for the attending technicians.
Maintenance control proposal.
▪ The maintenance contract price includes labour, transport and
accommodation for the attending technicians.